Thursday, November 12, 2009

October 31st Events

October 31st was a special day for our family.  The day started out with Preston's Baptism. Preston was the only 8 year old in the Stake getting baptized, so he got to plan his own program and this is what he chose.

Preston Going’s Baptism Program

Conducting: Brother Mike Newman (2nd Counselor in Bishopric)
Chorister: Annette Oler (Aunt)
Pianist: Betty Sampson (Grandmother)
Opening Song: My Eternal Family
Invocation: Jennifer Going (Aunt)
Talk on Baptism: Dan Going (Uncle)
Musical Number: “Baptism” Sung by: Kailey, Brennen, Ashley, Preston & Trevor Going
Talk on Holy Ghost: Brennen Going (cousin)

Baptism of Preston Going performed by Glade Going (Father)
Witnesses: Lenny Going and Richard Sampson (Grandfathers)
Confirmation of Preston Going performed by Glade Going (Father)
Those in the circle: Glade Going (Father), Lenny Going and Richard Sampson (Grandfathers), Dan Going and  Eric Oler (Uncles), Ty Geersten (Friend), Jim Oaks (Neighbor) and Mike Newman (2nd Counselor).

Bishopric and Primary Presidency Remarks
Testimony by Glade Going (Father)
Closing Song: How Firm a Foundation Hymn #85
Benediction: Norene Going (Grandmother)

The day could not have been more beautiful and Preston was all smiles.  We sure enjoyed all the family and friends who were able to attend. We are very proud of Preston for making the decision to be baptized and for following the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  After the baptism we had a luncheon at our church where we enjoyed good food and visiting.






Halloween
After the baptism luncheon Glade, Preston and Trevor went to see Harry Potter at the dollar movie theater with Dan, Kailey, Brennen, Ashley and Grandpa Going.  Nancy took a nap with Tanner until she kept waking up with contractions.  Throughout the late afternoon contractions continued and became more intense.  However, we continued with the Halloween festivities.  We went over to Dan and Jen's house for dinner and Glade and Jen took the kids trick or treating.


Brennen (Harry Potter), Preston (Spiderman), Ashley (Princess), Kailey (50's girl), Trevoer (Jedi), Tanner (Rabbit) and Sampson (Turtle)

 We planned for our boys to stay the night with Dan, Jen and Grandpa & Grandma Going just in case we had to go to the hosptial.  After the kids got home from trick or treating, Glade got them all bathed and ready for bed.  By then it was definitely time to go to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 10:00pm and Sadie was born at 11:34pm.  That was the fastest delievery Nancy ever had.  Lucky for her the epidural worked for the most part.  We were kind of hoping Sadie would hold out until November 1st, which is Grandma Going's Birthday, but she didn't want to wait. So, here is the run down of details.

Sadie Lou Going
Born on Saturday, October 31, 2009
at 11:34pm weighing 7lbs and 19.5 inches.


We are thrilled that Sadie made it here, however we were disappointed when the nurses and doctor said she needed to be moved to the NICU.  Sadie wasn't taking in enough oxygen and we found out she had a little infection, which they were treating her with antibiotics.  Once again we had to come home without our baby.  Our track record isn't very good seeing how one of our four children came home from the hospital with us.  At least we know the routine and know she is being cared for.  It is also nice to only live 2 minutes away from the hospital to go see her.  The boys are really anxious for their little sister to come home.  They have been able to see her through the NICU window, which has helped.  Tanner goes around saying, "My baby" every time he sees a picture or when we leave to go see her.  Sadie is improving and is making head way to come home.  She has been off the antibiotics for almost a week and just today she is off the oxygen.  All she needs to do is improve on her feedings and she will come home.  We are so thankful for all the support and prayers on our behalf.  Most of all we are so thankful for our beautiful daughter, Sadie.

7 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    Congratulations on the Baptism and the cute baby! I can't believe how much your kids look like you. What a great day Halloween was for you this year. I love looking at the pictures of your beautiful family. Every time I see pictures of your parents, I tell my hubby, "Hey look! It's the guy who taught me how to ski!" I sure do love and miss your family.

    ~Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on everything! What a memorable day! I hope and pray Sadie continues to do well-best of luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a day!!!!! Congrats to Preston on his baptism!:) I am so happy that Sadie is doing so well. I hope that she will be able to come home with you SOON! :) I am sure it is nice to be so close to the hospital and be able to go see her a lot! She is such a sweetie! Just Adorable! Thanks for posting, so we can keep tabs on you all! Oh, and I love Sadie's announcement! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy day! I'm so happy to hear Preston was baptized! What an awesome, proud event! Sadie is beautiful, I am so sorry she had to stay in the NICU, I know how hard and horrible that is! But like you said, atleast she was/is getting the best care possible. Take care of those kiddos, and enjoy your new baby girl, and don't forget to take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she gets to come home soon! I bet you are just the best mom! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much excitement for one day! Congrats on the baptism and the birth! We are so happy for you and pray that little Sadie comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations!!! Finally a little girl. How fun for your family. What a busy halloween. I hope little Sadie gets home soon!

    ReplyDelete